Proposal documents can be created in Synergy to send the client a breakdown the project fees, and a summary of the scope of works to be included in the proposal fees.
Configure the proposal quote document that will be sent to the client to include:
- Project fee total
- Stage fee breakdown (for projects with a full work breakdown structure)
- Stage budget details (for Synergy Business and Enterprise products only)
- Scope of works for the project, or the details for each stage
- Project team summary of the external contacts and staff
- Hourly rate breakdown by staff rate to create an hourly rate price list
A default proposal document template is setup by your Synergy Administrator, which controls which of these details are shown on a proposal document for your organisation. In the Synergy Professional product there can only be one proposal document template. Synergy Business and Enterprise products allow you to have an unlimited number of proposal document templates, to cater for the different types of business for which you send out proposal documents. Learn more about setting up document templates.
Create a proposal document in the project by:
- Setting up the proposal project general details including scope of works
- Add the project team to the project contacts tab (staff and external contacts)
- Include the project fee for a simple project, or configure the project work breakdown to include stages and fees for a full work breakdown project
- Open the project > documents tab
- Select the page actions button '...' and select 'create proposal document'
- Select the contact to address the proposal document to be 'attention to'
- Select which stages will appear in the proposal document
- Click the generate button.
- The page refreshes with the proposal document shown in the documents panel for you to download.
Learn more about creating proposal documents.