Setup a project plan that includes phases, stages, and tasks. Build the project plan manually using the work breakdown editor, or by copying in a project plan template.
A full work breakdown can include the following parts:
- Phases* - used for grouping stages together in Synergy and on outputs like invoices and reports.
- Stages - a section of work for the project. Stages are used to control how the invoicing process works, using an agreed fee or charging out hourly rates.
- Tasks - the steps required to be completed or the goals to check are completed for each stage.
*Phases are only available in the Synergy Business and Enterprise products.
In the project work breakdown tab click the 'add work breakdown' button to start setting up the project plan in the work breakdown editor. Setup the names for the phases, stages and tasks. Assign stages and tasks a color to help them stand out in Synergy reports.
For stages and tasks some extra details can be setup:
- Stage manager - internal staff who is responsible.
- Fee type and fee - for billable projects to define how the stage of work will be invoiced to the client, and what the agreed fee is for this section of the work.
- Status - set to proposal if the work is not signed-off yet, or active if the work has been approved to start.
- Scope of work - describe the work that will be completed for the stage. This can be shown in documents like proposals to send to the client.
- Progress - update the stage to show what percentage of the required works that are complete.
- Due date - set a due date for the task should be completed.
- Assigned to - select which staff will complete the task. This helps remind those staff to complete the tasks in the dashboard tasks panel.
- Progress - update the task progress if it is assigned to you, to let the project manager know how much of the assigned task you have completed.
Read more about setting up a full work breakdown structure.