Update the progress of each project or stage to show when the work has been proposed, won (active), or lost (unsuccessful). Updating the status also impacts on what your staff can update on the project. e.g. If invoices can be created, or if time and expenses can be allocated to the project.
The status is used to show at a glance the status of the overall project or job, and when using a full work breakdown structure the status of each stage in the project. Each of the status options can have 'custom status' options added (optional) to better describe where the project is up to, or what part of the project life cycle the stage is within. Learn more about setting up custom project status options.
The status options available are:
- Proposal - Track the costs associated with creating the project and the fee proposal.
- Active - The project has been approved, and the work is commencing. Projects with this status type allow invoices to be created, and timesheets and expenses to be entered.
- Pending invoice - The work has been completed, and this status is used to still allow invoicing but stop staff entering any more timesheets or expenses.
- Hold - The client has announced that any further the project works are on hold or will not be completing. Use hold to stop invoices and timesheets from being created.
- Unsuccessful - Show that the proposal bid for this work was lost or unsuccessful. Any remaining WIP transactions are written off when this status is applied.
- Complete - Set the project to complete when all the work for the project has finished and all the required invoices have been sent to the client. Any remaining WIP transactions are written off when this status is applied.
Learn more about the project and stage status options.
The image above shows the project level status being updated for a project with a simple work breakdown (no stages). The options called out above are the custom status options for the proposal status group.