Request the client to pay for the project works to date using an invoice. Options to send the invoice document to the client are to print and post the invoice document, share the invoice document to the project portal, or send as an email attachment.
Invoice documents are automatically created when each project invoice as it is finalized. The document is created using the default invoice template layout that is setup for the organisation. The finalized invoice has a MS Word and a PDF version automatically created for each invoice version. The invoice document can then be updated if you want to add extra details.
Update the invoice document
If you want to add some extra custom text to the invoice document follow these steps:
- Open the project invoice, and look for the invoice preview panel on the right.
- Click the '...' actions button and choose the 'Download the DOCX' option.
- The MS Word invoice file (DOCX format) will now be in the 'Downloads folder' on your device.
- Open the invoice file in MS Word and make any required changes, then save the file.
- Back in the Synergy invoice, select the '...' actions button and choose the 'Upload DOCX' option.
- Browse to the location of the saved MS Word document you updated, and upload the file.
After uploading the new invoice version the MS Word and PDF invoice versions in Synergy are automatically updated. The most recent version is always sent or shared with the clients. Previous versions can be downloaded from within Synergy if required.
Share or email the invoice document
When you share or email the invoice document the PDF file version is sent to the client.
- Share the file - The invoice will appear in the project portal. In the portal you can download the invoice PDF document, and add debtor notes to update the team on plans for the invoice payment.
- Email the file - Send the invoice PDF file as an email attachment.
- Both - Select to share the invoice to the portal, and also email the pdf file as an attachment.
Learn more about invoice documents.