Synergy has five different security access levels which can be assigned to staff records. The security access levels control which features the staff can access in that Synergy organisation. The access levels are also they for grouping purposes on Synergy reports.
Here we are taking a look at what the main different features are that are available to each Synergy access level.
Differences by Synergy product
- Synergy Professional and Business products do not allow you to edit the default security matrix settings. If the staff member needs more or less access, then switch between the standard security access levels outlined below.
- Synergy Enterprise product allows you to change which features can be access by each security access level. The security matrix is customisable. You get the default settings outlined below, and you can edit these options to meet your companies requirements.
Why use each access level
The most commonly used access levels are Administrator, Project Manager, and User. All access levels are able to enter timesheets, staff expenses, and use the contacts module. The main differences between each of the access levels are:
- Administrator - Super user account, which has access to setup and use all features. Required access level to renew the Synergy subscription, or edit the subscription payment details.
- Director - The same as the Administrator but the Director cannot edit the subscription or update the payment method for the Synergy subscription.
- Project Manager - Has access to create projects, and invoices. No access to view any of the staff salary details, or setup areas for Synergy. Financial reports that display staff costs (standard and actual) are not available.
- Assistant Project Manager - Has access to create projects, and add stages and tasks, but is unable to change the project status. Unable to create invoices, or view any of the project financial reports that display standard or actual costs.
- User - Mostly assigned to staff who just enter timesheets in Synergy. These users can also mark off their tasks as complete in the project work breakdown, and use the project portal.
Synergy security access levels summary
The table below outlines the main differences between each of the access levels available in Synergy. For more a detailed view of who can add, edit or delete, then read more in the help files about the options in the staff security matrix.
The access level is set when creating the staff record. Read more about creating staff.
|Feature||User||Assistant Project Manager||Project Manager||Director||Administrator|
|Staff create and costs||Y||Y|
|Staff (update your general details)||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Timesheets and expenses|
|Timesheets and timers||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Cash and travel expenses||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Reporting - My timesheets and expenses||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Manager reporting - Direct reports and missing timesheets||Y|
|Office item expenses||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Supplier bill expenses||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Project read only||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Work breakdown edit||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Financials and actual costs||Y*||Y||Y|
|Project portal feed||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Invoices and credit notes|
|Invoice credit notes||Y||Y||Y|
|Invoice delete or modify||Y||Y|
|Subscription renewal or edit||Y|
*Limited access available to this feature. Reports with standard and actual costs are not available to this access level.