Go to: Projects list > Add to create a new project. All projects default to proposal status and being a billable project where you invoice the client.
Create a proposal project with these five pieces of information:
- Name - The name for the job that is shown on documents to the client and internally for your staff.
- Status - If the job will be set to proposal status or active status. Learn more about project status options.
- Is billable - Uncheck this box if the project is for internal office tasks, or leave it checked if this project has a client that you need to invoice.
- Fee - Enter the fee value that you want to appear on the proposal document or to invoice the client.
- Primary contact - Select the client that your team will contact about the project, and by default invoices will also be sent to.
Read more about creating a proposal project.
Next steps: After saving the project next setup the project team on the project contacts tab, and creating a list of the project stages and tasks on the work breakdown tab.
Extra fields for a proposal project (optional)
Need to show extra details on your proposal project? Use these additional fields to cover off these scenarios. You can enter the details below when setting up the proposal, or at anytime the project is in Synergy.
- Scope of works - Write a describe of the project task that can be printed on your proposal document.
- Project type - Choose the project category or portfolio from the list. e.g. Residental or commerical projects.
- Site address - The project location, including latitude and longitude.
- Client reference number - Enter the client issued unique number for the project, if this needs to be shown on proposal or invoice documents sent back to the client.
- Custom project number - Select an alternate project prefix, or enter a specific project number and suffix combination for the new proposal project. Learn more about project numbers.
- External name - If the client needs a specific name for the project to be shown on invoice or proposal documents.
- Start date - When the project works are due to begin.
- End date - The expected date that the project works will be complete.
- Work breakdown template - Select a template to automatically create the stages and tasks for the work breakdown tab.
- Invoice contact - Select who the invoice should be sent to, when this is a different person to the primary contact.
- C / O contact - Select who the invoice should be sent care of (if applicable).
- Tags - Add extra details about the project as tags.
Read more about the project details tab.