Each new project created number automatically assigned that is a unique id for the project. The project number can be created using:
- Suffix (optional)
The prefix and numbering sequences to be available are set up in the organisation settings. The suffix is an optional part, which is a free-form text field that lets you type any numbers or letters you need as the number suffix.
Customize the project numbers the users can apply in Settings > Organisation > Project numbers.
Use the project numbers feature to add a custom project number sequence.
Default project numbers can be selected in Settings > Organisation > Offices.
From here, you can select your office and choose which project number sequence to apply as the default, by clicking on the drop down under 'Project number':
When creating a new project apply the default project number will be applied. If you want to use a special custom number instead then:
- On the new project create page scroll down to the 'add more detail' section.
- Select the 'custom project number' option.
- The 'prefix' and 'number' and 'suffix' fields now appear at the top of the page.
- Select the required prefix from the list.
- (Optional) Select the refresh button to generate the next number now, or it will be added on save.
- (Optional) Add a suffix if this is to be part B of an existing project number.
- Save the new project.
Note: The project 'prefix' - 'number' - 'suffix' combined must create a unique project number to be able to be saved. You cannot have two projects with the same number.