Each new project created number automatically assigned that is a unique id for the project. The project number can be created using:
- Suffix (optional)
The prefix and numbering sequences to be available are set up in the organisation settings. The suffix is an optional part, which is a free-form text field that lets you type any numbers or letters you need as the number suffix.
Synergy has a default project number sequence which is the current year followed by a 4 digit unique number. Unless the users choose to customize the numbering this will be applied to all new project by default.
Customize the project numbers the users can apply in Settings > Organisation > Project numbers.
Use the project numbers feature to add a custom project number sequence, or to change which item is applied by default to new projects. Learn more about the custom project number settings.
When creating a new project apply the default project number will be applied. If you want to use a special custom number instead then:
- On the new project create page scroll down to the 'add more detail' section.
- Select the 'custom project number' option.
- The 'prefix' and 'number' and 'suffix' fields now appear at the top of the page.
- Select the required prefix from the list.
- (Optional) Select the refresh button to generate the next number now, or it will be added on save.
- (Optional) Add a suffix if this is to be part B of an existing project number.
- Save the new project.
Note: The project 'prefix' - 'number' - 'suffix' combined must create a unique project number to be able to be saved. You cannot have two projects with the same number.
Learn more about the custom project number settings.