When you create projects and invoices, or enter timesheets in Synergy there are a several drop down list fields. Find out what each of these drop down list fields are used for, and how to customize the items available in the lists.
These project drop down lists lists are setup ready to go with default data when you create a new organisation. You can customize the default data shown to meet your organisations requirements.
Project drop down lists
These drop down lists can be found in many areas in Synergy. These items are grouped together below using their main purpose or primary screen this list is shown on.
- Cost centres - setup the divisions or office locations to be used for reporting and grouping project revenue. Cost centres can be attached to project stages. Read more about cost centres.
- Disciplines - define the types of business or revenue streams at your organisation. Disciplines can be attached to project stages. Read more about disciplines.
- Project types - setup the project categories to group together similar types of project revenue streams together on reports. Project type is selected when you create a new project. Read more about project types.
- Success factors (proposal) * - success factors can be assigned to each stage when at proposal status to define the likelihood percentage of winning the work. This is used in the project forecast feature. Read more about proposal success factors. *This feature is available in the Business and Enterprise products only*
- Reason codes - assign to timesheet or expense transactions when they are written off. The reason code explains why the transaction was written off, and can be used for reporting purposes in the project. Read more about reason codes.
- Project and stage status options * - the status of the project and stages control what actions are available. Track the progress of your project and stages by setting up custom project status options. Read more about project status options. *This feature is available in the Business and Enterprise products only*
- Payment terms - the number of days after the invoice date that the invoice payment is due, such as due in 30 days or 90 days. Read more about payment terms.
- Payment types - the method which your client has paid for the invoice like cash or credit card etc. Read more about payment types.
Time and expense lists
- Expense types - categories for staff expenses and supplier bills. These can be used to define which account code your expenses are sent in your accounting system. Read more about expense types.
- Office timesheet tasks - stages and tasks used by the <Office> project. Used by staff when entering their timesheets or expenses for internal office tasks. Read more about office tasks.
- Project timesheet tasks - the default set of tasks available for staff timesheet entry for any billable project. Read more about project tasks.
*These features are available in the Business and Enterprise products only*
Customize the options shown in these project lists.
Step 1: Add extra items
Check-out the items we included in each of the list by default. These were added there to help you get started easily.
Add any extra items that you need for your organisation. Just click the 'add' button, type the name and save.
Step 2: Remove items not required
The lists in Synergy all start out with our default set of data. Use the list multi select options to either delete, or change the items to be inactive if they are not required.
If the list item has already been used in Synergy then you will need to make it 'inactive', and used list items cannot be deleted.
Read more about project lists.