Setting up the cost details for each staff member in Synergy is important, as these details are used in the cost and profitability reports. The staff costs are also referred to as the 'actual cost' in Synergy.
1. Simple cost details (All product levels)
Add the hourly rate that the staff member gets paid. This will be shown as the actual cost for this staff member in the project reporting. Note: In the professional product level this is the only staff cost option.
Update the hourly cost rates each time the staff member(s) get a pay increase, and set the effective date to list when the new pay rate started from.
2. Advanced cost details (Business or Enterprise product levels)
Greater flexibility for defining the staff actual costs, with options to define:
- Salaried (full-time) staff vs casual or contractor staff
- Annual package or annual salary details
- Hourly rate options for casual and contractors
- Annual extra's included in the package
- Retirement fund contributions and more
Setup the annual package details for the staff member and Synergy will calculate the actual cost per hour.
The actual cost is calculated by taking into account the number of hours the staff member works, and the amount leave (vacation time or medical leave) that the staff member is entitled to receive. In addition the running cost for the office is taken into account, and you can edit the overhead adjustment for this loading to be a different value for each office location.